THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 22, 2008

Home again... Home again...

Wow... what a wk (or two). Stoneboro camp was super busy as always. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say if you attend all the prayer meetings & services offered you would attend 10 services a day! Most of the time, I attended 4 of the services a day. Stoneboro camp was awesome as usual. God met in extreme ways just about every service. I think this is the first year that I remember that there WAS preaching in every service. Usually one or two services as missed due to altar services. The service highlight that stands out in my mind (humorously) would be--the last Thursday (yesterday)... when after the conference had made a rule of no cell phone usage in the tabernacles (this includes texting) & Bro. Thacker (youth evangelist) saying how much he disliked cell phones in church even before the rule was made...... he gets up to start preaching & a cell phone starts ringing!! Ok, yeah, not a good thing but hey sometimes people forget to shut their phone off or else they weren't there to hear the rule. Well, you'd think if your phone went off you'd just mute the thing & wait til after service and call the person back... NOPE!! The man ANSWERED the phone and proceeded to talk VERY LOUDLY!! The whole congregation about died laughing. Bro. Thacker then says "everybody with me?" and of course went on with his message!

Well... on a more serious note... Stoneboro meant a lot to me this year. Bro. Thacker at first preached practical messages on the issues of youth & towards the end he did a series on "The Death Route Explained" VERY VERY GOOD!! Bro. Cope & Bro. Parker dealt with the carnality issue a lot of the time also. The last service I was in (yesterday afternoon) Bro. Cope preached on the Witness of the Spirit. Very good message there also. I came away from camp this year more determined than ever to walk in all the light God gives me and to make Heaven my home some day. From the sounds of things, it's not going to be too long until there are no more goodbyes to be said. We will be in Heaven together always rejoicing around God's throne.

Anyone who really knows me... knows that I have a very hard time saying goodbye to those that I love (even if it is just for a few wks or months!) This time was no exception. My youngest niece was able to come to stay with us for the weekend (actually a little longer) and I had a hard time letting her come back home to wait for us. On Monday, my grandparents (I hate calling them adopted because in my heart they are my blood) left to go back home and I had a pretty rough time with that. I was able to get a picture of my niece with them but none of me with them (boo hoo!!) Then we left yesterday I had to say goodbye to my parents (again adopted but in my heart my blood!!) VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD & a few of my very close friends. I DID get pictures with most of them though. I will try to get them posted up here some day soon. They aren't even on my computer yet.

Well, I guess that's the end of my blog post for the day... hope it doesn't bore anyone to death. Just trying to think of things to write & of course things I want to remember!!

0 comments: