THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hold me while I cry...


It's been one of those days. If anything could go wrong, it went wrong.
I know I'm feeling sorry for me. There's a lot of self pity going on.
Tomorrow, I will be ok. The dawn will bring a brand new day.
I'm sure, by then, I'll be fine. Lord, today I really need a friend.
I know that You understand. Would you hold me while I cry?

I take a lot of Your time when I should be strong.
I should be standing by now, but it's You I'm leaning on.
You've always kept me safe from harm; like a child in Your arms,
You've cradled me through hardships faced in life.
Lord, it's just one of those days. I've been fought in every way.
Would you hold me while I cry?

I try to be strong, but if anyone can fall apart - I fall apart.
I run back to You again, and You heal my broken heart.
You have truly been a friend, reaching out to lend a hand,
Lord, when You could have passed me by.
I'm asking for Your strength today. Lift my spirit, Lord, I pray.
Will you just hold me while I cry?

I take a lot of Your time when I should be strong.
I should be standing by now, but it's You I'm leaning on.
You've always kept me safe from harm; like a child in Your arms,
You've cradled me through hardships faced in life.
Lord, it's just one of those days. I've been fought in every way.
Would you hold me while I cry?

You've always kept me safe from harm; like a child in Your arms,
You've cradled me through hardships faced in life.
Lord, it's just one of those days. I've been fought in every way.
Would you hold me while I cry?

~*sung by Karen Peck & New River*~

0 comments: